We hope you all had a wonderful NWT Ski Day on February 14th.
Thank you to everyone who participated in our NWT Ski Day Contest by tagging us in your outdoor activities! We loved seeing all your amazing images. There were lots of people out skiing at clubs and on other trails across the NWT on Sunday.
Yellowknife had free trial use and snacks.
Hay River had ski, snowshoe, toboggan, or dog walk for free, and free rental equipment.
Fort Smith had a wonderful valentine loop with side-by-side tracks, snacks and campfire outside the clubhouse, scavenger hunt, and free ski rentals
Inuvik had just got their club up and running in time for NWT Ski day, and they offered a family ski during the day, a romantic candlelit ski at night, and had almost 100 people show up – they even ran out of ski rental equipment at one point.
Fort Simpson held a ski clinic.
We are also thrilled to see so many people out on lakes and snowmobile trails trying out skiing on their own.
A huge congratulations to all the winners of the prizes.
We gave away $1250 in prizes for people who sent in photos of them getting active outside – winners in Fort Smith, Inuvik, Yellowknife, and Hay River. We had entries from many communities across the NWT, and had almost 50 contest entries.
Congrats to the following winners:
- $250 Overlander Sports Giftcard #1: @candicto on Instagram
- $250 Overlander Sports Giftcard #2: Olinda Bernabe
- $250 Overlander Sports Giftcard #3: @lanafeyedeb on Instagram
- $250 Overlander Sports Giftcard #4: @ellie.chews on Instagram
- Aurora Heat Foot Warmer #1: Kari Williams
- Aurora Heat Foot Warmer #2: @deltadebzdesigns on Instagram
- Aurora Heat Foot Warmer#3: @nonstop_wander on Instagram
- Aurora Heat Foot Warmer #4: Hilary Turko
- Aurora Heat Cellphone Warmer #1: Jeff O’Keefe
- Aurora Heat Cellphone Warmer #2: Meghan Kennedy
- Aurora Heat Cellphone Warmer #3: @michtuma on Instagram
- Aurora Heat Cellphone Warmer #4: @philyoungblut on Instagram
Again, we want to thank everyone who participated and submitted their photos. We look forward to seeing your amazing outdoor (and skiing) adventures in the upcoming weeks! Keep using the #CCNWT with your images for the chance to be featured on our social media!